>One of the things we did in Iceland was, as a group, construct an ongoing list titled “Reasons [Our IRC Channel] Should Move to Iceland.” Here is that list.
- Hot springs running from the tap
- You can have a pony!
- The Icelandic word for “computer” is literally ” number oracle”
- Icelanders are so communal
- There’s a spanking [and candy] holiday
- The people are great.
- Swimming laps in outdoor pools in January.
- Their ISPs won’t let us buy a proxy, they’ll give us one for free “as a small contribution to whatever you’re doing.” That’s trust.
- The tallest mountain is a glacier.
- Facebook app for Icelandic genealogy.
- Golden Circle